Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ten Months and


still unemployed.




Is there a cyber slush pile somewhere that inhales and then devours cover letters and resumes? I was up all night last night, until 10am, getting information on LinkedIn and partially on Facebook.

The last time I truly job-hunted was circa 1995? 1996? And now the old rules and methods are obsolete. And refining one's resume -- resumes -- is a never-ending venture. I suppose the next step, in addition to Linking In and Facebooking and working on a killer cover letter, is face-to-face networking. That means I need a networking wardrobe. Ugh! Am I complaining? Nooooo. Registered on elance.com, getafreelancer.com.


Every day I tell myself that the country's economic condition does not have to be my personal economic condition. Affirmation? Denial?


About a month ago I saw an ad on craigslist that was about four blocks from where I live. Real estate office. Hmmmm, I thought. A possibility. $400 a week, 9-6. $400 a week! That's less than the weekly New York State Unemployment Insurance benefit. No benefits, medical or otherwise.


The news from my pension fund is disheartening, and that's if I work for four more years. Aaargh!


Earlier this month I attended a four-hour Tellington Touch workshop, and it was great. When you enter your right millieu with the right energy doing the right work, oh, how your spirit soars. There's a certain weightlessness. I left my two cats at home and took a stuffed one, instead, for practice.
I'm hoping to take a five-day course that will count for practitioner certification next month, but I don't know . . . Yet I know that life can change in a moment.

3 comments:

Brenda from Flatbush said...

Big talent, compassionate heart, passionate gorgeous woman, + steady determination = magnetism for good things of this world and beyond. Spheres will align (albeit in their own frustrating time)!

Planetary Citizen said...

Thanks,Brenda.Good to hear from you and your uplifting self.I violated one of mmy tenents of self-care (sufficient sleep) and slipped into a moment of indulgent self-pity. But today is a new day and, thanks in part to your words, I am feeling completely hopeful again.

Planetary Citizen said...

Thanks,Brenda.Good to hear from you and your uplifting self.I violated one of mmy tenents of self-care (sufficient sleep) and slipped into a moment of indulgent self-pity. But today is a new day and, thanks in part to your words, I am feeling completely hopeful again.